I photographed these two Whitetail Twin Fawns on my property. My property is next to the Ouachita National Forest here in Arkansas.
About 20 to 25 percent of the time, whitetail twins aren’t even fraternal twins!
In reality, they are only somewhat related.
One species for whom multiple paternity in a single litter has been verified is whitetail deer.
- Camera: Canon EOS R5
- Lens: RF100-500 mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
- Location: Near The Ouachita National Forest (Arkansas)
- Date and Time Taken: September 11, 2022 (11:32 A. M.)
- Exposure Mode: Manual
- Aperture: f8
- Shutter speed: 1/800
- ISO: 5000 (Auto)
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Back-button Focus
- Animal Eye Single Point Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Focal Length: 500 mm