I watched this Whitetail Doe and Fawn for almost two weeks. I noticed the Fawn has something wrong with its mouth and nose. I researched what this could be and the information I found wasn’t very positive for the survival of the Fawn.
Another dangerous thing for this Fawn is a Coyote I see in the same area. I have seen it on two occasions.
How I Got The Shot – What Is Wrong With This Fawn
I parked on the side of the auto tour road with my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup. This is on the far south part of the auto tour road on the north side of the road.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: May 31, 2020
• Aperture: f5.0
• Shutter speed: 1/320 sec.
• ISO: 2500
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II