I was walking on a county road that ends at my property photographing Dragonflies when this Whitetail Doe and Fawn crossed. I don’t think the Fawn knew I was around but the Doe sure did. After I got this photo, the Fawn knew something wasn’t right and went into cover but the Doe stood a little longer and stared at me.
How I Got The Photo – Whitetail Doe And Fawn Crossing County Road
I like to go on photo walks on the County Road that ends at my gate. I see lots of wildlife on this road. I was hand-holding my camera and lens when I photographed this Whitetail Doe and Fawn.
• Location: Near the Ouachita National Forest (Arkansas)
• Date Taken: June 28, 2015
• Aperture: f6.3
• Shutter speed: 1/800 sec.
• ISO: 125
• Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 400 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II