I was lucky to spot this Whitetail Fawn crossing the road at Fort Chaffee Fort Chaffee. The Doe had already gone across, but then the fawn came out of the brush and decided to check me out. I was able to take a great shot while hand-holding my camera and lens. I was in the right place at the right time – I’m so glad I got this amazing shot!
I caught the Fawn at the perfect moment, just as it was turning its head to look at me before crossing the road.
• Location: Fort Chaffee (Arkansas)
• Date Taken: July 28, 2009
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/800 sec.
• ISO: 500
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 400 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM.
• Camera: Canon EOS 1D Mark III