I photographed this Pied-billed Grebe and Reflection at the Charleston City Lake in Charleston, Arkansas.
Rarely do Pied-billed Grebes fly.
They frequently dive slowly, to a depth of no more than 20 feet, especially when threatened.
After diving for around 30 seconds, they might travel to a more isolated part of the water where only the head is visible to see the threat disappear.
Pied-billed Grebe (Podilymbus podiceps) and Reflection
- Camera: Canon EOS R7
- Lens: RF 800mm F11 IS STM
- Location: Charleston City Lake (Arkansas)
- Date and Time Taken: January 23, 2023 (10:10 A. M.)
- Exposure Mode: Manual
- Aperture: f11
- Shutter speed: 1/2500
- ISO: 2500 (Auto)
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Back-button Focus
- Animal Eye Single Point Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: -1/3 EV
- Focal Length: 800 mm