Wildlife photographer shares their passion for protecting the natural world and inspiring others to take action.
This Bobcat was hunting the edge of a field at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma. After a while it took a brief break.
I photographed this Bobcat on the west side of an area called Tuff Pond. The field is on the north side of the auto tour road. My camera and lens were resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
- Camera: Canon EOS 1D Mark III
- Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date & Time Taken: March 21, 2009 (10:45 A.M.)
- Aperture: f4
- Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 200
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Compensation: 0
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4