I photographed this Hummingbird Moth near the Ouachita National Forest here in Arkansas.
Its resemblance to hummingbirds—which eat nectar from tube-shaped flowers while hovering in the air—led to the naming of the species.
- Camera: Canon EOS R5
- Lens: RF100-500 mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date and Time Taken: August 27, 2022 (01:41 P. M.)
- Exposure Mode: Manual
- Aperture: f8.0
- Shutter speed: 1/3200 – 1/1250
- ISO: 2000 (Auto)
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Back-button Focus
- Animal Eye Single Point Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Focal Length: 500 mm