I photographed this Great Blue Heron Eating A Fish Close-up at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma.
Their diet includes a significant amount of fish. They consume a wide range of species, including bass, carp, sunfish, and minnows. Due to their ravenous appetites, great blue herons regularly consume up to 2 pounds of fish each day.
Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) Eating A Fish Close-up
I photographed this Great Blue Heron while sitting in my pickup. I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
- Camera: Canon EOS R7
- Lens: RF 800mm F11 IS STM
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date and Time Taken: January 3, 2023 (11:47 A. M.)
- Exposure Mode: Manual
- Aperture: f11 (Fixed)
- Shutter speed: 1/2500
- ISO: 2500 (Auto)
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Back-button Focus
- Animal Eye Single Point Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: -2 EV
- Focal Length: 800 mm