During November, when hunting season is going on in Arkansas and Oklahoma, I enjoy going to Kerr Dam in Oklahoma to photograph the Ring-billed Gulls catching shad. Can you see the shad with its head sticking out of the water?
How I Got The Photo: A Ring-billed Gull Zeroing In On A Shad
I was sitting in the rocks on the south side of the dam. I was hand-holding my camera and lens.
- Camera: Canon EOS 40D
- Canon EF 400 mm f/5.6L
- Location: Robert S. Kerr Lock and Dam (Oklahoma)
- Date Taken: November 21, 2009
- Aperture: f7.1
- Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec.
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- ISO: 400
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4