If you look closely, you can see that the Land Slug has two pairs of “feelers” or tentacles on their head. The upper pair is light sensing and has eye spots at the ends, while the lower pair provides the sense of smell.
How I Got The Photo – Land Slug
The log that this Land Slug is on the edge of my driveway. I spotted it while heading out for a photo walk. I photographed the Slug while hand-holding my camera and lens.
• Location: Near the Ouachita National Forest (Arkansas)
• Date Taken: June 27, 2015
• Aperture: f8.0
• Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec.
• ISO: 640
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 400 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II