I spotted this tiny Halloween Pennant Dragonfly while walking one of the service roads at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma.
I believe this is a male because of the red on the edge of its amber wings. Here is a photo of what I think is a female Halloween Pennant: Dragonfly Perched On Stem
Note: I posted this to Facebook and was advised that this is a Halloween Pennant.
I was walking a service road on this refuge in an area called Willow Slough. I was hand-holding my camera and lens to get this shot.
- Camera: Fujifilm X-T3
- Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM (attached with a Fringer EF-FX Pro)
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date and Time Taken: August 25, 2020 (07:35:29 A.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f8.0
- Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 800
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Multi
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Focal Length: 360 mm