I photographed this Eastern Kingbird just as it was regurgitating a pellet. You can see in my first photo that the bird is looking down as it regurgitates. The second photo it looks straight at the camera. You can then see the pellet in its throat. Over the years I have photographed lots of birds regurgitating pellets but this is the first having the bird look toward the camera.
Note: A pellet is the undigested parts of a bird’s food.
How I Got The Shot – Eastern Kingbird Regurgitating Pellet
I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge – Oklahoma
• Date Taken: May 19, 2020
• Aperture: f8.0
• Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec.
• ISO: 640
• Exposure Bias: +1/3 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II