I photographed this Coyote on a firebreak at Fort Chaffee here in Arkansas. I was standing on the edge of the firebreak when I heard something walking through the brush near me. I took a few steps, and it moved closer. I sat on the ground and waited. A few seconds later a Coyote walked out into the firebreak in front of me. It stared at me for a few seconds and then walked away.
I was photographing at a friend’s house that butts up against Fort Chaffee. I was hand-holding my camera and lens.
- Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
- Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
- Location: Fort Chaffee (Arkansas)
- Date Taken: November 12, 2011
- Aperture: f5.6
- Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec.
- ISO: 1250
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4