It’s difficult photographing Whitetail Bucks in November because of hunting pressure here in Arkansas. I came across this one while walking a game trail at Chaffee Crossing in Fort Smith, Arkansas. This nice 8-point Buck was walking toward me on the same trail. I’m sure the rut was on and that’s why I got lucky to even see this Buck in daylight.
As soon as I saw this Deer, I got behind a tree and began photographing. I thought he would walk right to me but he finally heard my camera. I was hand-holding my camera and lens.
- Camera: Canon EOS 40D
- Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
- Location: Chaffee Crossing (Arkansas)
- Date Taken: November 16, 2008
- Aperture: f11
- Shutter speed: 1/250 sec.
- ISO: 400
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4