I’m not sure why this Barred Owl is standing on the roadway at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma. It’s not injured because I waited for it to fly to a nearby tree. More than likely it was after a rodent or a rabbit crossing the road.
How I Got The Photo – Barred Owl Standing On The Roadway
I turned onto the road that leads to the Moody Boat Ramp when I spotted this Barred Owl. I exited my pickup hand-holding my camera and lens to photograph this bird.
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date Taken: August 2, 2009
- Aperture: f7.1
- Shutter speed: 1/640 sec.
- ISO: 400
- Exposure Bias: 0 EV
- Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS
- Camera: Canon EOS 1D Mark III