I spotted this Robber Fly with a Grasshopper on an Arkansas Country Road I like to walk near my place in the Ouachita Mountains.
The Robber Fly attacks its prey by injecting it with saliva containing neurotoxic and proteolytic enzymes. The Robber Fly then sucks the liquefied material from it.
How I Got The Photo – A Robber Fly With A Grasshopper
I got low while hand-holding my camera.
- Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM
- Location: Near the Ouachita National Forest (Arkansas)
- Date & Time Taken: August 26, 2016 (12:27:16 P.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f8.0
- Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 640
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Compensation: -1/3 EV
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Focus
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4