This Young Bald Eagle In Flight was feeding on a Snow Goose at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma. A vehicle was driving the tour road, and this caused the Bald Eagle to take flight.
I parked on the auto tour road while watching the Eagle feed on the Snow Goose from a distance. When it took flight I started photographing the bird. This occurred on the section of the tour road between the entrance and Tuff Boat Ramp.
I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
- Camera: Canon EOS 1D Mark III
- Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date and Time Taken: December 22, 2010 (09:14:21 A.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f5.0
- Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec. and 1/1000 on the second photo (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 500
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Compensation: 0
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4