I photographed this Wild Turkey Taking Dirt Bath at my place near the Ouachita National Forest here in Arkansas.
Rolling or moving about in dust, dry dirt, or sand is referred to as “dust bathing,” and it is most likely done to rid feathers of parasites.
- Camera: Canon EOS R5
- Lens: RF100-500 mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
- Location: Near The Ouachita National Forest (Arkansas)
- Date and Time Taken: September 9, 2022 (1:07 P. M.)
- Exposure Mode: Manual
- Aperture: f7.1
- Shutter speed: 1/800
- ISO: 400 (Auto)
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Back-button Focus
- Animal Eye Single Point Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: -2/3 EV
- Focal Length: 500 mm