It’s rarely I see Armadillos together and seeing three was an enormous surprise. I read that the only time armadillos get together is to mate or to keep warm.
How I Got The Shot – Three Armadillos Together
I was driving the auto tour road at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge when I spotted these three Armadillos together in a field. I parked and exited my pickup. I approached these Armadillos from behind and I wanted a photo of them together. This was the only shot I could get before they split up. I was hand-holding my camera and lens.
I entered this photo in the National Wildlife Refuge photo contest and got an honorable mention because the photo made the judges laugh.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: June 12, 2009
• Aperture: f4
• Shutter speed: 1/320 sec.
• ISO: 400
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS
• Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III