Young Barred Owl With Crayfish
I was photographing an adult Barred Owl when this young one flew to a tree nearby. An adult Owl brought it a Crayfish, but it dropped it after I took its photo. The young Owl starred at the ground where the Crayfish dropped for a long time but didn’t go after it.
How I Got The Shot – Young Barred Owl With Crayfish
I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: June 1, 2020
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/500 sec.
• ISO: 800
• Exposure Bias: – 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Here is a post I made back in July 2019 with two Barred Owl fledglings: Pair Of Barred Owl Fledglings