I photographed this Great Egret swallowing a Crappie in the same location as the Great Blue Heron I have been posting photos of. The Sally Jones West Causeway has been an outstanding area to photograph these two types of birds catching and eating fish this season.
How I Got The Photo – Great Egret Swallowing A Crappie
Just like my photos of the Great Blue Heron, I parked on the side of the auto tour road at the Sally Jones West Causeway (Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma). I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: June 24, 2020
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec.
• ISO: 800
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II