There were three large velvet Whitetail Bucks in an area of the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma. Because they were in some thick timber, this large 6 point buck was the only clear photo I could get.
How I Got The Photo – Large 6 Point Buck In Velvet
I first saw the Whitetail Bucks crossing the auto tour road in front of me. They went into an area that I had photographed a Barred Owl this past spring. I parked in the road and began photographing. I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: July 13, 2020
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/100 sec.
• ISO: 3200
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 400 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM (attached with a Fringer EF-FX Pro)
• Camera: Fujifilm X-T3