I photographed this Great Blue Heron walking to shore with a large fish. I think the fish is a Freshwater Drum. It made it to shore where it swallowed this large fish as you can see in the second photo.
I was in the parking lot photographing this Heron with my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
- Camera: Canon EOS 1D Mark III
- Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS
- Location: City Lake, Charleston (Arkansas)
- Date & Time Taken: December 31, 2013 (09:39 A.M.)
- Aperture: f6.3 and 7.1
- Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec. and 1/2500 (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 640
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Compensation: 0
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4