Once again this photo of a Great Blue Heron was at the Sally Jones West Causeway. This time one speared a large Crappie out in deeper water.
How I Got The Photo – Great Blue Heron Spearing A Sunfish In Deep Water
I parked on the side of the auto tour road at the Sally Jones West Causeway (Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma). I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: June 12, 2020
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec.
• ISO: 2500
• Exposure Bias: +4/3 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II