I recently took some amazing shots of a Great Blue Heron getting very low in the water in order to catch fish. You can see in the photos that it was successful in its endeavor. To get the shot, I was at the Lower Scarborough (Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge) north of the 4–corners intersection and past Minor’s Cove. I had my camera resting on a bean bag draped over the window of my pickup and I was able to capture the bird as it moved out into the open waters.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife RefugeSequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: June 9, 2020
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/400 sec.
• ISO: 2000
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II