I make lots of trips to the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma, but I also make trips to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma). I was at that refuge when they closed the campground because of COVID-19 in March 2020.
Here are a couple of Whitetail Bucks growing new antlers I photographed on one of my trips to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.
These Bucks were near the Doris Campground and I photographed them from inside my pickup. I had my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
- Camera: Canon 7D
- Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS
Technical: First Photo
- Location: Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date & Time Taken: April 19, 2012 (07:38 A.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f5.6
- Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 320
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Compensation: -1/3
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4