I photographed these two seven points bucks at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma.
Generally speaking, antler traits like the quantity of points, length, or thickness are poor predictors of buck age since antler growth is controlled by the regional environment.
- Camera: Canon EOS R5
- Lens: RF100-500 mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date and Time Taken: August 18, 2022 (07:31 A. M.)
- Exposure Mode: Manual
- Aperture: f7.1
- Shutter speed: 1/640
- ISO: 6400 (Auto)
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Back-button Focus
- Animal Eye Single Point Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Focal Length: 500 mm