This Turkey Vulture perched in a tree was photographed at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma.
I was driving the auto tour road when I spotted it on the edge of the road. It was looking into a field. I’m sure it had something dead located, but I could not see what it was. I saw several Vultures flying in the area.
I was outside my pickup to get this shot, and I had my camera and lens braced on the pickup door frame.
- Camera: Canon EOS R5
- Lens: RF100-500 mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date and Time Taken: April 9, 2022 (08:12 A. M.)
- Exposure Mode: Manual
- Aperture: f7.1
- Shutter speed: 1/2000
- ISO: 500 (Auto)
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Back-button Focus
- Animal Eye Single Point Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: 0
- Focal Length: 472 mm