I photographed this Snowy Egret with a shad at Lock and Dam 13 in Barling, Arkansas. It was against the dam standing in the rocks.
How I Got The Shot – Snowy Egret With Shad
Lock and Dam 13 is near my house and it’s an excellent place to photograph birds catching fish. They don’t seem to mind people fishing and I can get close to them.
I was hand holding my camera and lens.
• Location: Lock and Dam 13 (Arkansas)
• Date Taken: July 11, 2009
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec.
• ISO: 2000
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS
• Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III