I photographed this Whitetail Fawn Buck at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma.
2018 was a good year for me regarding getting close and photographing Whitetail Fawns at this Refuge. I got this closeup after I parked and the Fawn became curious and came close to my pickup.
This Fawn looks like it is going to be a Buck. In the second photo I think I see nubs. What do you think?
I parked on the side of the auto tour road with my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
- Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date & Time Taken: September 12, 2018 (07:28:09 A.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f5.6
- Shutter speed: 1/200 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 2000
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4