June is a marvelous time for photographing the Whitetail Bucks in velvet at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge. Toward, the end of May and throughout the month of June is when I do well photographing these Bucks. By the end of June the Bucks should have all the primary points on their racks.
How I Got The Shot – Whitetail Bucks Are In Velvet
I parked on the side of the auto tour road with my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: May 31, 2020
• Aperture: f5.0
• Shutter speed: 1/640 sec.
• ISO: 2500
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 500 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II