I could be wrong, but I think this snake with cloudy eyes has shed its skin but the scales over the eyes did not come off. The reason I think this is that the snake’s skin isn’t dull. When a snake is ready to shed its skin becomes dull. When the scales over the eyes do not come off after shedding, the snake has retained eye caps.
I read that other problems could cause snakes to have cloudy eyes like infections, etc.
I’m not sure what type of snake this is and if you know comment below.
I spotted this snake in my yard here in Arkansas and while hand-holding my camera I got this photo.
- Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
- Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
- Location: Arkansas
- Date and Time Taken: September 25, 2009 (2:59:08 P.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f7.1
- Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 400
- White Balance: Auto
- Metering Mode: Evaluative
- Exposure Bias: 0 EV
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4