I’m often asked how close I get when photographing snakes especially the poisonous ones. I photographed this juvenile Water Moccasin yesterday morning on the auto tour road (Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge- Oklahoma). I would guess that my camera is approximately 3 feet from the snake. This snake is calm, if it were coiled and ready to strike I would not be that close.
- Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
- Date Taken: August 4, 2020
- Aperture: f8.0
- Shutter speed: 1/250 sec.
- ISO: 250
- Exposure Compensation: +0.33 EV
- Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
- Focal Length: 360 mm
- Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM (attached with a Fringer EF-FX Pro)
- Camera: Fujifilm X-T3