I saw this Hawk eating an Opossum in a field near my home here in Arkansas. I went to my house and got my camera and large lens. I was lucky this Hawk remained with the dead Opossum.
How I Got The Photo – Hawk Eating Opossum
I parked on the side of the road and walked as close as I could. I photographed the Hawk while hand-holding my camera and lens.
- Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
- Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
- Location: Lavaca (Arkansas)
- Date & Time Taken: November 26, 2013 (1:44:38 P.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f8.0
- Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 320
- Back-button Focus
- Single Point Continuous Auto Focus
- Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- Processed With Luminar 4