I saw this Hawk eating an Opossum in a field near my home here in Arkansas. Not one to miss an opportunity, I immediately headed back to my house to grab my camera. To my relief, the hawk was still there when I returned, feasting away.
I pulled over my car and made my way as close as possible to the scene. I held my camera and lens firmly with my hands, capturing stunning shots of the hawk as it dined on its meal.
- Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
- Lens: Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS USM
- Location: Lavaca (Arkansas)
- Date & Time Taken: November 26, 2013 (1:44:38 P.M.)
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture: f8.0
- Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec. (as determined by the camera)
- ISO: 320
- Focal Length: 500 mm
I had another encounter with a hawk eating something but in Oklahoma: Red-tailed Hawk Standing In Grass