I came across this Cottontail Rabbit relaxing on a dirt road I was walking here in Arkansas. Rabbits like to take dust baths to remove parasites from their fur. I see lots of Mammals taking dust baths, even birds.
How I Got The Shot – Cottontail Rabbit Relaxing
Years ago I spent lots of time walking the roads on Fort Chaffee here in Arkansas with my camera. Fort Chaffee is near where I live so it was convenient. I don’t anymore because it became difficult getting onto the base after the 911 bombings. This is a photo I took during one of those walks.
• Location: Fort Chaffee (Arkansas)
• Date Taken: June 26, 2008
• Aperture: f5.6
• Shutter speed: 1/400 sec.
• ISO: 800
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 400 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 40D