This is a parent of the young Barred Owl I posted a photo of yesterday with the Crayfish (Young Barred Owl With Crayfish). It kept watching the water below the tree looking for Crayfish. It never left this spot while I was photographing here for over an hour.
How I Got The Shot – Adult Barred Owl
I parked on the side of the auto tour road with my camera and lens resting on a bean bag draped over the open window of my pickup.
• Location: Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge (Oklahoma)
• Date Taken: June 1, 2020
• Aperture: f7.1
• Shutter speed: 1/250 sec.
• ISO: 2500
• Exposure Bias: 0 EV
• Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
• Focal Length: 300 mm
• Lens: Canon EF 100-400 mm f4.5-5.6L IS II USM
• Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Here are more photos of the Barred Owl I photographed in this same area this year: